“Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling. It’s all the same.” If you recognize this quote, you’re probably a fan of The Witcher, the hit fantasy series on Netflix starring Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia, a monster hunter with a heart of gold. If you’ve been eagerly waiting for The Witcher season 3 episode 6 release date, you’re not alone. The show has been one of the most popular and critically acclaimed series on Netflix since its debut in 2019. Based on the books by Andrzej Sapkowski, The Witcher follows the adventures of Geralt, a witcher who travels the Continent in search of monsters and destiny.
The third season of The Witcher has been split into two volumes, with the first five episodes dropping on June 29, 2023. The last three episodes will be released on July 27, 2023. But what can we expect from episode 6 and the rest of the season? Who are the cast and crew behind the show? And what are some trivia and fun facts that you might not know about The Witcher? In this post, we’ll answer all these questions and more. We’ll provide you with everything you need to know before watching episode 6 of The Witcher season 3 on Netflix. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or a curious newcomer, this post will help you get ready for the next chapter of Geralt’s saga.
#1. When and where to watch episode 6 of The Witcher season 3
The Witcher season 3 episode 6 release date is July 27, 2023. The episode will be available to stream on Netflix at midnight Pacific/3:00 AM Eastern/8:00 AM BST in the UK. You can also watch the episode on Netflix’s Meme Funny or app on your device of choice.
The Witcher season 3 episode 6 is part of volume 2 of the season, which consists of three episodes in total. Volume 1 of the season had five episodes, which were released on June 29, 2023. The reason for this split is that Netflix wanted to extend the buzz and excitement around the show for longer, as well as to give fans more time to digest and discuss each episode.
Each episode of The Witcher season 3 is about an hour long, which means that there are only three hours left of the season after episode 5. That’s not a lot of time to wrap up all the loose ends and set up the stage for the next season. So buckle up and get ready for some epic action and drama.
#2. What happened in episode 5 and what to expect in episode 6
If you haven’t watched episode 5 of The Witcher season 3 yet, be warned: spoilers ahead. You might want to skip this section and watch the episode first before reading on. Episode 5 was titled “The Law of Surprise” and it was a game-changer for Geralt and his companions. In this episode, we saw:
- Geralt and Yennefer finally reunited after two years apart. They confessed their love for each other and decided to stay together.
- Ciri discovered that she has magical powers inherited from her mother Pavetta and her grandmother Calanthe. She also learned that she is destined to be with Geralt because of the Law of Surprise, a custom that binds two people together by fate.
- Jaskier, Geralt’s bard friend, revealed that he has been writing songs about Geralt’s exploits and making him famous across the Continent.
- Nilfgaard, a powerful empire that wants to conquer the Northern Kingdoms, attacked Cintra, Ciri’s homeland. Geralt rushed to save Ciri but arrived too late. He found Cintra in flames and Ciri missing.
- Ciri escaped from Cintra with the help of a mysterious knight named Duny, who turned out to be her father. Duny explained that he is actually Emhyr var Emreis, the emperor of Nilfgaard, and that he wants Ciri to join him in his quest to unite the world under his rule.
- Geralt tracked down Ciri and Duny at an inn near the border. He confronted Duny and demanded that he let Ciri go. Duny refused and revealed that he is also bound by the Law of Surprise to Ciri because he saved her mother Pavetta’s life years ago. A fight ensued between Geralt and Duny, with Yennefer and Jaskier joining in. Ciri was torn between her father and her destiny.
The episode ended with a cliffhanger, as Ciri had to make a choice: to go with Duny to Nilfgaard or to stay with Geralt and Yennefer. What will she do? And what will be the consequences of her decision? Episode 6 of The Witcher season 3 is titled “The Last Wish” and it will continue the story from where episode 5 left off. According to the official synopsis, episode 6 will feature:
- Ciri’s choice and its impact on her future and the fate of the Continent.
- Geralt and Yennefer’s relationship and how it will be tested by a dangerous secret from Yennefer’s past.
- Jaskier’s dilemma and how he will cope with being caught in the middle of a war between Nilfgaard and the Northern Kingdoms.
- The introduction of new characters and locations, such as Vesemir, Geralt’s mentor and the oldest living witcher, Kaer Morhen, the witchers’ stronghold, and Rience, a ruthless mage hired by a mysterious master to hunt down Ciri.
Episode 6 promises to be an exciting and emotional ride that will change everything for Geralt and his friends. You won’t want to miss it.
#3. Who are the cast, crew, and source material of The Witcher season 3
Source: Lauren S. Hissrich/Twitter
The Witcher season 3 is based on the books by Andrzej Sapkowski, a Polish author who created the world of The Witcher in the 1980s. The books consist of two collections of short stories (The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny) and five novels (Blood of Elves, Time of Contempt, Baptism of Fire, The Tower of the Swallow, and The Lady of the Lake). The books have been translated into over 20 languages and have sold millions of copies worldwide.
The show is also inspired by the video games based on the books, especially The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, which is widely regarded as one of the best games of all time. The games are developed by CD Projekt Red, a Polish company that has collaborated with Netflix and Sapkowski on the show. It is created by Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, an American writer and producer who has worked on shows such as Daredevil, The Defenders, and The Umbrella Academy. She is also the showrunner and executive producer of The Witcher season 3.
The show is written by a team of writers that includes Declan de Barra, Beau DeMayo, Haily Hall, Clare Higgins, Sneha Koorse, Mike Ostrowski, Jenny Klein, Lisa Rubin, Matt D’Ambrosio, Alex Meenehan, Sarah Dollard, Michael Ostrowski, Sneha Koorse, Clare Higgins. It is directed by a team of directors that includes Stephen Surjik, Sarah O’Gorman, Ed Bazalgette, Geeta Patel. This show is composed by Sonya Belousova and Giona Ostinelli, who have created an original score that blends traditional instruments with modern sounds. The show also features songs written by Jenny Klein and Jaskier himself (Joey Batey), such as “Toss a Coin to Your Witcher” and “Her Sweet Kiss”.
The show stars an ensemble cast of talented actors who bring the characters of The Witcher to life. Some of the main actors and their roles are:
- Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia: A witcher who hunts monsters for money. He is gruff, stoic, and cynical but also loyal, compassionate, and honorable. He has a special bond with Ciri because of the Law of Surprise.
- Liam Hemsworth as Geralt’s replacement: A new witcher who takes over Geralt’s role after Henry Cavill leaves the show. He is younger, more charismatic, and more adventurous than Geralt but also more reckless and impulsive. He has a different approach to witchering than Geralt.
- Anya Chalotra as Yennefer of Vengerberg: A powerful sorceress who was once a hunchbacked girl. She is beautiful, intelligent, and ambitious but also arrogant, manipulative, and insecure. She loves Geralt but also fears losing him.
- Freya Allan as Ciri: A princess who is the heir to Cintra and the Lion Cub of Cintra. She is brave, curious, and rebellious but also naive, vulnerable, and lonely. She has magical powers that make her a target for many enemies.
- Joey Batey as Jaskier: A bard who travels with Geralt and sings songs about his adventures. He is witty, charming, and optimistic but also annoying, cowardly, and selfish. He is Geralt’s best friend but also his worst nightmare.
- Eamon Farren as Cahir: A knight of Nilfgaard who is obsessed with finding Ciri and bringing her to Emhyr. He is loyal, brave, and honorable but also ruthless, fanatical, and misguided. He believes that Ciri is the key to saving the world.
- MyAnna Buring as Tissaia de Vries: The rectoress of Aretuza, the academy for mages. She is wise, powerful, and strict but also caring, supportive, and protective. She is Yennefer’s mentor and mother figure.
- Mimi Ndiweni as Fringilla Vigo: A sorceress who works for Nilfgaard and Cahir. She is cunning, ambitious, and loyal but also cruel, fanatical, and ruthless. She is Yennefer’s rival and enemy.
- Anna Shaffer as Triss Merigold: A sorceress who helps Geralt and Ciri. She is kind, gentle, and helpful but also insecure, timid, and naive. She has a crush on Geralt but also respects his relationship with Yennefer.
- Kim Bodnia as Vesemir: The oldest living witcher and Geralt’s mentor. He is wise, experienced, and tough but also warm, humorous, and fatherly. He trains new witchers at Kaer Morhen.
- Lars Mikkelsen as Stregobor: A mage who wants to kill all women born under the Curse of the Black Sun. He is intelligent, rational, and pragmatic but also cold, arrogant, and ruthless. He is Geralt’s enemy and the reason why he met Renfri.
- Royce Pierreson as Istredd: A mage who was Yennefer’s lover and partner. He is smart, charming, and romantic but also secretive, jealous, and bitter. He betrayed Yennefer to Stregobor and broke her heart.
- Wilson Radjou-Pujalte as Dara: An elf who befriended Ciri when she escaped from Cintra. He is loyal, brave, and resourceful but also angry, distrustful, and vengeful. He hates humans for oppressing his people.
- Graham McTavish as Sigismund Dijkstra: The head of Redanian intelligence and a master spy. He is cunning, influential, and ruthless but also witty, pragmatic, and patriotic. He knows everything that happens in the Continent and has his own agenda.
- Cassie Clare as Philippa Eilhart: A sorceress who leads the Lodge of Sorceresses, a secret organization of female mages. She is powerful, ambitious, and manipulative but also loyal, courageous, and visionary. She wants to restore the balance of magic in the world.
These are just some of the main characters of The Witcher season 3. There are many more characters that you will meet or see again in the show.
#4. What are some trivia, fun facts, or behind-the-scenes information about The Witcher season 3
The Witcher season 3 is full of trivia, fun facts, or behind-the-scenes information that you might not know about or notice while watching the show. Here are some examples:
- Henry Cavill slept in his Witcher armor as he morphed into Geralt. He wanted to get used to the weight and feel of the armor and to make it look more worn and realistic.
- Liam Hemsworth prepared for his role as Geralt’s replacement by reading the books, playing the games, and training with a sword master. He also dyed his hair white and wore contact lenses to match Geralt’s appearance.
- Anya Chalotra learned magic tricks for her role as Yennefer. She worked with a magician consultant who taught her how to perform illusions such as levitating objects or making fire with her hands.
- Joey Batey wrote some of the songs that Jaskier sings in the show. He collaborated with Jenny Klein, one of the writers of the show, who wrote the lyrics. They used instruments such as lutes, flutes, drums, and tambourines to create a medieval sound.
- The show features references to other works of fiction or pop culture that are related to The Witcher. For example:
- In episode 1 of season 3, Geralt fights a basilisk that looks like a dragon from Game of Thrones.
- In episode 2 of season 3, Yennefer uses a spell that sounds like “Expecto Patronum” from Harry Potter.
- In episode 3 of season 3, Ciri meets a character named Tom Bombadil who resembles the character from Lord of the Rings.
- In episode 4 of season 3, Jaskier sings a song that parodies “Let It Go” from Frozen.
- In episode 5 of season 3, Geralt and Yennefer have a conversation that echoes the dialogue between Han Solo and Princess Leia from Star Wars.
These are just some of the trivia, fun facts, or behind-the-scenes information that you can find in The Witcher season 3. There are many more that you can discover by watching the show closely or by reading interviews with the cast and crew.
In conclusion, The Witcher season 3 episode 6 release date is July 27, 2023. The episode will be the first of the last three episodes of the season, which will conclude Geralt’s story for now. The episode will feature Ciri’s choice, Geralt and Yennefer’s relationship, Jaskier’s dilemma, and new characters and locations. The Witcher season 3 is based on the books by Andrzej Sapkowski and the games by CD Projekt Red. The show is created by Lauren Schmidt Hissrich and stars an ensemble cast of talented actors who bring the characters of The Witcher to life. The show also has trivia, fun facts, or behind-the-scenes information that you might not know about or notice while watching.
If you’re a fan of The Witcher or a curious newcomer, you won’t want to miss episode 6 of The Witcher season 3 on Netflix. It promises to be an exciting and emotional ride that will change everything for Geralt and his friends. But before you watch episode 6 of The Witcher season 3 on Netflix, why not check out our Meme Funny memefuny.com? There you’ll find more content on The Witcher and other TV shows and movies that you’ll love. You’ll also find reviews, ratings, trailers, news, and more. memefuny.com is your ultimate destination for all things fantasy.
Thank you for reading this post and we hope you enjoyed it. Please share your thoughts on our social media. We’d love to hear from you. And remember: evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling. It’s all the same.