If you’re a fan of the hilarious and provocative comedy series Minx, you’re probably dying to know when the second season will premiere on Starz. Minx is a period comedy set in 1970s Los Angeles, following a young feminist who teams up with a low-rent publisher to create the first erotic magazine for women. In this post, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about Minx season 2 episode 1 release date, cast, plot, trailer, and more.
#1. When is Minx Season 2 Episode 1 Release Date?
Minx season 2 episode 1 release date is July 21, 2023 . The episode will premiere at midnight on the Starz app, app and all Starz streaming and on-demand platforms. On linear, it will debut on Starz at 9 PM ET/PT in the U.S. and Canada.
Minx originally aired its first season on HBO Max in March 2022 and was renewed for a second season in May. However, in December 2022, HBO Max canceled the show just before Season 2 was to finish filming in a cost-cutting move. Fortunately, Starz stepped in and acquired the show in January 2023. The first season is currently available to stream on the Starz app.
#2. Who is in the Cast of Minx Season 2 Episode 1?
Source: Getty Images
The cast of Minx season 2 episode 1 includes:
- Ophelia Lovibond as Joyce Prigger, an earnest young feminist who is the creator and editor-in-chief of Minx magazine.
- Jake Johnson as Doug Renetti, a low-rent publisher who partners with Joyce to produce Minx magazine.
- Idara Victor as Tina, Doug’s business partner and friend who handles the finances and distribution of Minx magazine.
- Jessica Lowe as Bambi, a popular model and actress who becomes the face and muse of Minx magazine.
- Lennon Parham as Shelly, Joyce’s older sister who is a conservative housewife and mother.
- Oscar Montoya as Richie, a talented photographer who works for Minx magazine.
- Elizabeth Perkins as Constance, a wealthy socialite and feminist activist who supports Minx magazine.
Some of the guest stars that will appear in Minx season 2 episode 1 are:
- Taylor Perez as Glenn, Joyce’s ex-boyfriend who is a successful lawyer and politician.
- Michael Angarano as Eddie, Bambi’s ex-husband who is a sleazy Hollywood producer.
- Jenny Slate as Diane, a famous comedian and writer who becomes a fan and friend of Joyce.
#3. What is the Plot of Minx Season 2 Episode 1?
Minx season 2 episode 1 will pick up where season 1 left off, with Joyce and Doug facing various challenges and opportunities as they try to make Minx magazine an even bigger success. Some of the plot points that will be explored are:
- Joyce and Doug grapple with Minx’s explosive popularity, which brings more money, fame, and temptation than either of them know how to handle.
- Joyce and Bambi explore their attraction to each other, while Doug tries to rekindle his romance with Tina.
- Minx magazine faces protests, lawsuits, and a potential citywide pornography ban from conservative groups and politicians.
- Joyce hires a new art director for Minx magazine, who turns out to be a controversial figure with a hidden agenda.
- Joyce and Doug clash over the creative direction of Minx magazine, as Joyce wants to stay true to her original vision, while Doug wants to cater to the market demand.
Minx season 2 episode 1 release date is July 21, 2023 on Starz. The episode will continue the hilarious and provocative story of Joyce and Doug, as they create and distribute the first erotic magazine for women in 1970s Los Angeles. The episode will feature a stellar cast, a thrilling plot, and a lot of laughs and surprises.
Are you excited for Minx season 2 episode 1? Let us know in the comments below. And don’t forget to visit our Meme Funny at meme funny for more updates on Minx and other shows.